Saturday, January 11, 2014

Peanut Butter Balls

1/11/14

And, now, for the easiest recipe in my recipe book:
Peanut Butter Balls!

These little beauties have been a staple in my family's kitchen for as long as I can remember.  My mother always had these hanging out in the fridge to fill up my brothers and father between meals.  Now, I do the same thing.  My husband seems to like them as a filling snack and I really enjoy them before or after a really tough workout. 

They're especially fantastic for those of us who are looking to shed all that holiday weight.  Just a few of these can stop a sweet craving and offer some protein between meals. 

Enjoy!
Momma Cadmus' Peanut Butter Balls:
Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dry powdered milk*
- 1/2 cup honey

Method:
Mix all ingredients in an electric mixer until well combined.  Spoon up 2 teaspoons at a time and roll into tightly packed balls (will be slightly oily depending on the peanut butter brand).  Place rolled balls into an airtight container with parchment paper dividing the layers.  Will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks (longer, actually, but it starts to dry out after two weeks).

Notes:
*I've noticed that dry milk has gotten grainier in the past few years.  So, I pulse mine in the blender until it's nice and powdery.  This gives the finished product a smoother taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment